Question about changing kaka/kanji files (Japanese)

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue May 2 03:17:58 UTC 2006

Dear Masahiko,
    It is difficult to answer this accurately without seeing the
file.  However, line 0 in a CHAT file
is probably the "hidden" line with the @Font header.  It is likely
that you have some non-Roman character in
a font name that is causing problems for CHSTRING.  Try opening the
file in some editor besides
CLAN to check this out.  It is possible that this could be viewed as
a bug, but it is hard to say until
we see that line.  You could send a copy of the relevant file to
spektor at andrew.cmu.edu for checking.

--Brian MacW