The depfile.cut

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Jul 3 23:18:49 UTC 2007

Dear Adda,
     I added one of these symbols to a test file and ran CHECK on it
with no problem.  It is very difficult to know what is going on on
your machine.  Perhaps you have a space in the wrong place.  Perhaps
you have an old version of CLAN.  Perhaps something else is
happening.  You  can either just try on another machine or else send
me a copy of your file and I can see whether there is something wrong
with one of the characters.
    Simply adding characters to the depfile.cut is not a good
approach, although I can understand that you may want to do this
temporarily while fixing old files.

--Brian MacWhinney