dialogue

Jamie Smith jms2cor4 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 19:43:27 UTC 2007

I am running CLAN under Linux and have hit a snag with my project. I'm trying to count occurrences of dialogue within a storytelling task. I
thought it would be straightforward to tally the ["] codes, but I'm having no success. FREQ is working fine for me if I tell it to look for
specific words, but when I try either freq +s" or freq +s["], it hangs.

I considered using CHSTRING to append a low-frequency word to every ["] (turning them into, say, "["] syzygy"), and then using FREQ to count all
the appearances of syzygy. It seems like there ought to be a more straightforward approach, though.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jamie