help please with unix MOR?

Melissa melissa.c.sherman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 19:56:12 UTC 2008

hello-

I have been trying to get the MOR program working on my linux box. I
have downloaded CLAN, and installed it, making sure to change the

        #define DEPDIR  "/Volumes/pooch/clanW/(lib)/"
        #define DEPDIR  "/wherever/unix-clan/lib/"

in the common.h file. I get it to compile with an older compiler, and
everything seems alright. When I try to run the MOR program, it tells
me that it can't open the ar.cut file. After looking in the manual, I
tried to create a MORLIB path in my .bashrc to point MOR to the right
spot, but I get the same error message.  (error included below)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Melissa

$ ~/lang_imp/unix-clan/unix/bin/mor 11222148.cha
/users/mesh/lang_imp/unix-clan/unix/bin/mor: /usr/local/gcc400/lib/
libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by /users/
mesh/lang_imp/unix-clan/unix/bin/mor)
mor 11222148.cha
Mon Aug 25 14:43:12 2008
mor (09-Jun-2008) is conducting analyses on:
  ALL speaker tiers
    and those speakers' ALL dependent tiers
  and ALL header tiers