Two problems with CLAN, Quicktime and other software

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 16 18:05:47 UTC 2008

Christophe ,

     I am aware of the first problem and I am trying to figure out the cause
of it, but I still don't know why this is the case.

    The second issue is a new feature. CLAN no longer distinguishes between
movie and sound files and it will always cerate new bullets with %snd tag.
When searching for files  CLAN will always try to find any media file that
matches the name inside the bullet. The order of search is audio files first
and then movie files. This method only creates a problem if you have mixed
format where both audio and movie files have the same name. In this case we
are planning to create an option that will allow users to change the search
order from audio first to movie media first. This decision was dictated by
technical issues, so I am afraid this is how it will remain.

Leonid.