hiding tiers

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Sep 2 20:01:31 UTC 2008

Dear CLAN Users,
     We have now added a new feature to the CLAN editor that allows
you to hide, by default, any sets of tiers you wish.  You do this by
adding lines to a file in your LIB directory called 0hide.cut.   Right
now, this only works for the latest version of CLAN for Mac, but we
will eventually add it to the Windows version too.  Because most users
are probably not paying attention to the new %xgra line for the
English corpora, I have placed this tier into the file for hiding.  If
you want to see the %xgra tier for the English corpora, just delete
this line or else rename the 0hide.cut file (perhaps temporarily).
    CLAN looks for this file first in the current working directory
and then, if it is not there, it looks in the LIB directory.

Good luck with this feature.  Tell me if you have problems with it.

--Brian MacWhinney