selecting and deleting/renaming tiers

Christine Czinglar cirnill at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 15:36:41 UTC 2008

 Hello,

I would like to use the MOR program to help me code my files in a syntactic
way (constituents or phrases) to analyse verb placement in second language
acquisition of German. My coding scheme is too complex to be done
automatically, but some help from the machine would be great. There are some
frequent words (like adverbs and pronouns) that are already constituents and
I can use MOR to insert these codes on a %mor tier that I later rename %vhs.
This works fine.

But I would also like to limit the insertion of this dependent tier %vhs to
utterances that contain a verb. There is a real %mor-line (non-disambiguated
but still), I could use for those purposes. Now I tried to limit MOR to
utterances with +s"*v:*" on the "real" mor-line, but this doesn't work.

But I hope there is some way to eliminate those dependent tiers afterwards,
using CHSTRING or something like this. I tried KWAL:
kwal +t%mor -s"*v:*" prob-n24.mor.cex +o@ +o* +o% -o%vhs +d +f

This deletes the right dependent tiers, but the output is restricted to
utterances without verbs. I would like to keep my original file and have
just those dependent lines deleted or renamed in that same file that go
together with a mor line without verbs.

Can CLAN do this? Does anybody have an idea?

Best regards,
Christine

--
Mag. Christine Czinglar