Crash unexpected with CLAN

Christophe Parisse cparisse at u-paris10.fr
Tue Jan 6 21:36:02 UTC 2009

Leonid

Many thanks for all your answers. This helps a lot and I think the QuickTime
"bad installation" was a good candidate. I did not think about removing
manually old stuff from QuickTime. Could have worked. Of course
re-installing OS would have worked but it was just not possible.

Just two small things as I am "on the subject":

I discovered today that the latest version of CLAN (was not true of 15
august 2008 version) had a new bug in the "sound to analyzer" menu. The
script generated to work with Praat has supplementary characters before the
file name and it does not work anymore (see attached file).

I had another problem (small) with CLAN on a new machine (twice the same on
different computers). I had no icons for .cha but icon for .cex. No
reinstallation nor editing of the preferences in Explorer could change this.
It was bothersome in Explorer. I was able to solve the problem by
manipulating the Windows register, but I have still no Icon in the
"program". I have icons in Explorer now so it is not too bad.

Sorry for all this, I just took the opportunity to round up some small
problems. CLAN is a great software and works perfectly considering the size
of the budget it was build with and the number of people that use it (by the
way do you have any idea of the number of CLAN installations ?).

Christophe