CLAN installation questions

Catherine Anderson anderson.catherine at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 17:07:15 UTC 2009

Hello dear CLAN users,

I'm having my students install CLAN to use in our Child Language class
and a few of them are having problems that I haven't encountered
before.  I wonder if any of you can give me some advice.

A few students using Macs are not able to install CLAN at all.  The
disk image downloads correctly and the installer appears to run
successfully but the CLAN program is nowhere to be found on the
computer. One student had OS 10.4 and the other two had 10.5. I've
installed the most recent version successfully on two different Macs,
so I can't figure out why it isn't working for them.  Does anyone know
if there's some setting on their computers that might be preventing a
correct installation?

The other problem is with installing CLAN on a PC.  The installer
automatically looks for the C:\ drive but quits automatically if the
hard drive is named with any letter other than C:.  Is there a way to
tell the installer to put the program on a differently-named drive?

Many thanks for your help.
- Catherine Anderson.

--
Catherine Anderson, Ph.D.