Problems with +f switch using vocd

CHILDES tompkins.73 at osu.edu
Fri Aug 6 17:55:54 UTC 2010

Hello Leonid,

Thank you for your response. Sorry for my delay in responding.

I don't believe that the problem has anything to do with the
exclude.txt file. vocd doesn't have a problem locating the file and it
still doesn't work using the +f switch when I don't include the
exclude.txt file in the command. It seems to have to do with the +f
switch since the whole command works only on computers for which I
have not used the +f switch in the command line, which I find very
strange.

To test this out, I used the command without the +f switch [vocd
+t*MOT +r6 -s at exclude.txt filename] on a computer I had not yet used
the CLAN program on and it worked fine. Next, I used the same command,
but with the +f switch [vocd +t*MOT +f +r6 -s at exclude.txt filename]
and I got fopen: cannot open filename. The problem doesn't resolve
itself when the computer is restarted.

I am actually away on vacation so I cannot try to reinstall CLAN just
now, but will try to when I return. I have been using PCs with XP. Is
there a way to clear the command box of all the command lines I have
entered already?

Thank you,

Virginia