CLAN output via a browser

Kevin Donnelly kevin at dotmon.com
Mon Dec 6 22:28:35 UTC 2010

Hi Leonid

I'm trying to access CLAN output via a browser.  I remember raising this a few
months ago, and you said CLAN needed to be compiled specially to run on a
webserver.

For instance, the following minimal PHP script produces the expected output
when run from the command-line, but nothing (apart from the boilerplate lines
at the end of the output) when run from a webpage.

=====
<?php

exec("/home/kevin/downloads/siarad/unix-clan/unix/bin/freq
/home/kevin/downloads/siarad/unix-clan/lib/samples/sample.cha", $clan_output);

foreach ($clan_output as $clan_line)
{
  echo $clan_line."<br />";
}

?>
=====

What sort of thing should I be looking for to get some output via a browser?

--
Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly
kevindonnelly.org.uk