Freq on French MOR tiers

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Jun 19 14:06:55 UTC 2010

Florence,

	I think you are using an older version of CLAN. I just tried your command below with the latest version of CLAN on the data that has both v|...-... and v|...&... elements and I did not get any results with "&" in them.

	But, I would recommend that you switch to a new way of searching for items on the %mor tier. New method is specifically designed for searching on %mor tier and provides a more precise match. You can type "freq +s@" in commands window to get more information and few example on this new feature. For example, your command below would look like this:

freq +s"@|-v*,r-*,o-%" +t*sbj *.cha

This command looks for items that have part of speech "v*", indicated by "|-v*", and any stem, indicated by "r-*". The "o-%" part instructs program to exclude all other parts of each item from output. "o-%" acts the same way as "-%%" and "&%%" in command below.

	You will need to get the latest version of CLAN to try this new command.

Leonid.