MLU using clauses?

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 22 14:02:48 UTC 2010

Yuuko,

	I have changed mlu and mlt to allow the use of "-s"<@s>" and -s"<@i>" options along with -c"[^c]" option. We never had a situation before in which someone wanted to exclude words delimited by <....> [code] from the tier mlu count, so this feature was disabled. Usually, the whole tier is excluded, which is done with postcodes, [+ ...].  You can use this command to get the results you want:

mlu -t%mor -c"[^c]" -s"<@s>" -s"<@i>" filename.cha

Please, note that you have to use the "-t%mor" option, because the clause codes and other codes are not specified on %mor tiers. The "%mor" tier is the default tier for mlu analysis.

Leonid.