question on vocd: variations of base words

RobbyZ r.zwitserlood at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 10:14:04 UTC 2010

Dear all,
I want to check the vocabulary diversity in my narratives of Dutch
children with SLI. Since these narratives all differ in length, I
thought a good way to do this would be to use the vocd programme. I
have made an exclude file. It all works fine, but my question is how
the programme deals with variations of a base word (using the +s”*-%%”
switch)? How can the programme know that 'to sleep' (slapen) in Dutch
can take all these forms: slaap, slaapt, slapen, sliep, sliepen,
geslapen? I want to run the programme on the t*CHI line, because for
Dutch the MOR line has to be disambiguated by hand and I have loads of
files (180 SLI and 270 controls).
Do I have to make a special file with all these different word form or
is vocd very clever?
Thanks for your help!

Rob Zwitserlood