FREQ on Spanish MOR tier

Kevin Donnelly kevin at dotmon.com
Mon Oct 11 14:59:13 UTC 2010

Hi Annabelle

::::On Monday 11 October 2010 Annabelle David said::::
> But I would like to get rid of what comes after the colon (i.e. art,
> indef, etc) while keeping the det information. Is there any way I can
> specify that in the command?

You could just save your output (redirect it into a text file, or cut and paste
it), then open it in a text editor, and do a find and replace on a regular
expression.

On the example you give, set the F&R to use regular expressions, then in the
find box enter:
:.[^|]*
and leave the replace box empty.  Run that, and you should get:
1 adj|rojo
17 det|el
6 det|un
2 det|otro
3 det|todo
2 n|abuelo
6 n|amigo
3 n|año

The regex says: a colon, followed by any characters except a pipe, ie any
characters between a colon and a pipe, which is what you want.  This should
also work on any POS tag with the same stucture, not just determiners.

I use Linux, where most of the text editors have regex F&R by default, but it
should also be available on editors like Notepad++ for Windows
(http://notepad-plus-plus.org), or TextWrangler for the Mac
(http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/index.html).

--
Pob hwyl / Best wishes