Problems with combo

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Sep 15 12:46:19 UTC 2010

	CLAN programs breaks transcript into words before running any analyses on it. On %mor tier words consist of part of speech, stem and sometimes prefix and suffixes. In your search you are only specifying part of speech, so the search patter needs to be padded with wild card characters to match other elements of the word. Your search patter should look like this: +s"*vpres|*". This assumes that the transcript has part of speech vpres. If the part of speech has a colon character in it like this "v:pres", then your search patter should look like this: +s"*v:pres|*". Combo is one programs that also searches for strings instead of words, so you can use the command line below and just add "+g1" option to it.

Leonid.