Target tier in CLAN transcriptions

Kristine kristine.bentzen at uit.no
Fri Dec 16 16:05:34 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I'm currently compiling a corpus of North Sami child language, and I'm
wondering how to provide a target-like version of the child's
production in the transcriptions. I suspect there is a standard way of
doing this, but I couldn't find it in the online CLAN guide.

What I want to provide is something like a separate line (tier) below
the child's non-target production showing what the target would be, in
terms of pronounciation, morphology and syntax. I'm currently using
"%mod" in the way illustrated with English below:

*CHI: I going.
%mod: I'm going.
*CHI: de ball.
%mod: the ball.