virus in clan program???

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Dec 18 16:15:00 UTC 2011

Bobbi,

	CLAN itself has no viruses or warms or anything else. I create CLAN using MS Visual C++ 2005 on PC and XCode 3.2.6 on Mac. It is possible that software that I am using to package CLAN for distribution might add something. But, I just ran Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus software version 11.0.6200 with virus definition file from 17 Dec 2001 on both clan.dmg and clanwin.exe archives and it did not find any viruses. I ran this software on my Mac and I am not sure if it checked for any PC viruses. If someone has a good, up to date antivirus software on PC and can ran it on clanwin.exe archive and CLAN.exe program it would be very helpful.

	For general safety reasons it is very important that when you get CLAN you get it from our web site only. Getting CLAN copy from infected computer might bring virus from that computer.

Leonid.