Target tier in CLAN transcriptions

Alcock, Katie k.j.alcock at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Dec 19 08:52:34 UTC 2011

In two other non-English highly agglutinative languages, I've used the %gls tier for the adult target that the child is attempting to approximate, only on utterances with immature forms, and then the %eng tier to provide a translation of every utterance. We found this helpful when trying to isolate utterances that had immature forms, and it would be easier than Brian's suggestion where it's hard to work out a one-to-one correspondence between child and target words.

Katie Alcock

Dr Katie Alcock
Lecturer
Department of Psychology