calculating reliability on main lines

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Jan 7 15:39:25 UTC 2011

Dear Janet,
    Yes, we discussed this earlier.  If I remember correctly, we concluded that the shape of the main line is so complex that there was no well-defined way of computing reliability.  Would it be on the level of the word, or the phoneme, or the code or the overall sentence, or exactly what?  Perhaps you could create a small sample file in which you demonstrate how you think reliability should be computed and we could then take a look at that to see whether the procedure could be automated.

-- Brian MacWhinney