calculating reliability on main lines

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Jan 23 02:42:32 UTC 2011

 Janet,

	RELY program has some peculiarities in the way it gives feedback. The "Done with file ..." messages give more information than is necessary and this causes the confusion. RELY creates only one output file. The message "Done ..." means that the file has been read, unlike in other CLAN programs where it means that the file by that name has been created. I have refined the messages that RELY displayed and in the new version it will be much more clear. I will install the new version by Monday.

The message 'CURRENT OUTPUT FILE "sample2.rely.cex" IS INCOMPLETE' is erroneously displays wrong file name. In your example it should say 'CURRENT OUTPUT FILE "sample.rely.cex" IS INCOMPLETE' instead. I have fixed this error as well. This message indicates that whatever file CLAN program has created is corrupted and therefor should be ignored. RELY has one limitation that would produce this kind of error message. If the tier names at a particular location in both input files do not match, then RELY displays this message and quits. RELY assumes that at least all speaker tier names will be the same and in the same order within both input files. The text on those tiers can differ and they can have different number of dependent tiers, but if the speakers themselves do not match, then there is a really big problem there and it needs to be fixed before RELY can continue.

If you still have problems or questions about RELY please write to me directly and please attach all the input files that you use in your RELY program examples.

Leonid.