CLAN for Mac OSX 10.4

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Thu Mar 17 21:20:21 UTC 2011

Dear CLAN Users,

    Is anyone still using Mac OSX 10.4 with CLAN?  If so, we need to warn you that we will have to discontinue support for Tiger in October.  This is because Apple is dropping support for Tiger when 10.7 (Lion) comes out in October.  When we then start compiling for Lion, we can no longer maintain versions for Tiger.
        Tiger (10.4) came out in 2007.  It was then followed in 2009 by Leopard (10.5).  If you have a non-Intel (aka PPC) Macintosh computer, then you can upgrade from Tiger to Leopard and you will still be able to run the new version of CLAN when we shift in October.   In other words, we will then support 10.5, 10.6, and 10.7, but not 10.4.   In a few cases, shifting from Tiger to Leopard can be difficult because Leopard takes more space than Tiger.
       So, I am curious about whether anyone is still using 10.4.  If you are, please send me an individual reply to macw at cmu.edu, rather than replying to the list.

Best wishes,

-- Brian MacWhinney, CMU