Audio-to-text software

Virginia Tompkins vltompkins at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 21:32:23 UTC 2011

Dear Group,

I am currently collecting a large amount of narrative data and my
students are having a hard time keeping up with the amount of
transcribing that needs to be done. Does anyone use audio-to-text
software such as Dragon from Nuance? This software seems to have mixed
reviews and I am not sure how it would work with my digital recorders
(Olympus brand). I am also not sure how easy it would be to transfer
text to CHAT and if it will take more time than it is worth to use
this software. Does anyone use this software or something else to
transcribe? How well does it work for you? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Virginia