Files created with CLAN - permissions

Katie Alcock k.j.alcock at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Sep 22 16:04:30 UTC 2011

We have three people working on a shared drive using CLAN and are having horrendous problems using each others' files. Our computer tech person says that this program is setting the permissions in an unusual manner.

It's not so much that the new files created are owned by the person that created them, but that once the file is created and has a set of ownerships, even they are not able to change the permissions so another person can edit the file.

We are all working on Macs and I am working on 10.6.8 though the students are working on an earlier OS (on PowerPCs - can't remember what OS it is right now). The problem is in all three computers. Batch changing permissions doesn't work either.

We have a version updated on 27/7 this year - I see there is a newer version but we had this problem before that July date too.

Any suggestions?

Katie