distance between specific turns

RCorrigan corriganroberta at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:58:12 UTC 2011

I'm trying to figure out how to compute the distance between specific
constructions without counting them by hand.
Suppose for example, that I want to know how many intervening turns/
utterances (I don't care which as long as it's consistent) there are
between a production on line 26 and another construction on line 44
for a particular child. then I want to know the distance between a
construction on line 55 and line 63. Subtracting line numbers doesn't
work because there are different numbers of dependent tiers coded,
even for an individual child (while %mor % gra are there for all the
utterances, sometimes there are additional comments or other codes
depending upon the child). I don't think it can be done without adding
additional coding, but maybe I'm missing a switch in one of the
programs that might help me out.

Bobbi Corrigan