syntactic measures for a growth curve analysis

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 16 04:16:07 UTC 2012

Yuriko and Brian.

I apologize for sending the same email again, but there was a typo in my original email.

The +s"* *" option doesn't work because kwal and most of the CLAN commands are word oriented. This means that they do not know about space characters between words.

We have implemented a different way to achieve the same result. Here is the command that will do the trick:

maxwd +x2 +d1 +g2 +c50000 +f *.cha

That is assuming that there are fewer than 50,000 utterances per file. If your have more, the just increase that number.
After that run command:

mlu -t%mor *.mxwrd.cex

Leonid.