Searching for Double Object Ditransitives

Liam Considine ljc3179 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 04:24:29 UTC 2012

Thanks for the generous contributions!

I've made a test file with two simple lines:
give^me^it
pass^me^that

I can see how finding a set of ~60 or so candidates would cover a
great deal of the occurrences. Will, thanks for the tips about how to
make this process exhaustive and accurate.

I found it especially cool that the test file can contain %mor line
configurations. It is nice that they can be combinations of syntactic
categories and lexical items. This is a much better approach than
making one search with lots of parentheses and "+" or statements to
cover variations. One only needs to make a list of the searches.

Thanks again for the advice! I'm sure i'll be back around with some
more questions.
-Liam