CHILDES data format

Marwa Ragheb marwahsn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:32:40 UTC 2012

Hello,
I am currently working on converting the CHILDES data in the US English
folder to another format (CoNLL). The problem I am having is that it seems
to me that format of the .cha files is slightly different from one folder
to another. I looked in the documentation on the files, but it doesn't say
anything about the differences in format. I was hoping there was either a
way (e.g., a command in CLAN or a script)to make them all look the same, so
I could write one script for them all, or at least a listing of which
folders have the latest, or standard .cha files, and which ones are
different.
Also, if anyone out there knows of a ready-made script that changes .cha to
(some) CoNLL format, I'd appreciate it if they pointed me to it.

Thanks!
Marwa Ragheb
PhD Candidate
Indiana University