xx issue

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Jul 31 21:39:44 UTC 2012

Dear Melissa,
     I'm not sure I understand the question, but I am guessing that maybe the problem is that we recently changed the code for unintelligible words so that only xxx is allowed and xx is no longer allowed.  Is that your question?  If so, please just use xxx for unintelligible words.  If you want to mark the fact that there are two unintelligible words, then please use xxx xxx.

--Brian MacWhinney