camera for video and audio recording

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Jun 22 14:48:39 UTC 2012

Dear Darinka,
    I guess you mean a digital video camcorder.  The models we suggest at http://talkbank.org/dv are based on the idea that people don't want to spend more than maybe $1000 for a camcorder.  However, if you have a budget that goes up to $3000 you can start to get into professional level equipment and for $10,000 you can get a real professional unit.  However, quality depends on more than just the camera.  Equally important are mikes and tripods.

--Brian MacWhinney