saving CHSTRING changes

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Mar 9 15:04:24 UTC 2012

Dear Cathy,

     Somehow you message got posted to info-childes, but I am answering it here.

 If you are absolutely sure that the changes you want to make are correct, then you just add the +1 switch to CHSTRING (or any other program) and it replaces the original.  If you are less sure, then create the *.cex files, check them, and then use
ren +f *chstr.cex *.cha
to do the replacement.  When using the +1 method, a good trick is to make a copy of the complete folder first.  Then, if you make a mistake, you can go back to the copied folder.  This is the method that I use all the time.

--Brian  MacWhinney