error reading sound file(1)

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Wed Mar 21 15:39:45 UTC 2012

Dear Christophe,

     One possible cause of this is that newer versions of QuickTime (and hence CLAN) seem to have become less permissive in the range of sound file types they allow.  Why don't you send me a copy of your sound file and I can try to replicate the problem?  Also, you could try to modify the sound file format to see if that helps.  Can QuickTime play the sound file directly outside of CLAN?

-- Brian MacWhinney