Preventing the matching of Infinitives

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 30 18:35:46 UTC 2012

Liam,

	If you remove all 'OR' options and list all explicit final search conditions, then combo will do wht you expect it to. But, in this case your original search will be broken up into 15 following searches:

+s"v|*^prep|*^n|*"
+s"v|*^prep|*^pro|*"
+s"v|*^prep|*^det|*"

+s"v|*^prep|*^det|*^n|*"
+s"v|*^prep|*^det|*pro|*"
+s"v|*^prep|*^det|*det|*"

+s"v|*^prep|*^qn|*^n|*"
+s"v|*^prep|*^qn|*pro|*"
+s"v|*^prep|*^qn|*det|*"

+s"v|*^prep|*^det|*^adj|*^n|*"
+s"v|*^prep|*^det|*^adj|*^pro|*"
+s"v|*^prep|*^det|*^adj|*^det|*"

+s"v|*^prep|*^qn|*^adj|*^n|*"
+s"v|*^prep|*^qn|*^adj|*^pro|*"
+s"v|*^prep|*^qn|*^adj|*^det|*"

You can put those search commands into a batch file like the one I am attaching here and run them with command:

bat combo_search.cut