decimal vs 1000 separator

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Thu May 3 23:41:58 UTC 2012

Dear Darinka,

     Isn't this a function of the way in which Excel is "localized" for treating numbers.  Thus, the number 990.00 in the US is written as 990,00 in most European systems.  Probably there is some option in Excel that allows one to set this for one system or the other.  Because CLAN is using the U.S. system by default, you should try to convince Excel to take that option.

-- Brian MacWhinney