Repeated Measures data in spreadsheets

Darinka Andjelkovic dandjelk at f.bg.ac.rs
Sun May 6 10:06:22 UTC 2012

Dear Brian and colleagues,

It seems I was not clear in my letter.

This kind of order is necessary when applying General Linerar Model Repeated
Measures since same measures are within-subjects repeated.

It is actualy general and typical model of ordering data for any
within-subject factors design (like large quantity of data from
psychological tests where one participant has data for different
items-measures from test and retest, etc...).

I am aware of MORTABLE output. It is the same in ordering data as output of
FREQ and MLU, and I find it realy usefull.

But if one wants to compare the same measure (like morphems/utterances) for
the same child  from different age levels (repeated measures), then this
order is required for statistical reasons.

I send to Brian one of my output files as an example.

The first sheet contains the table generated by CLAN MLU.

The second sheet (named Target) has data that I sorted manualy.

I had to change the cells in column A in order to make clear that data are
coming from a set of files (different ages) for the same child.

And I added one row above all in order to make clear that columns contain
the same data (measure) coming from different age levels.

I know nothing about MEASURES and EVAL and I dont find any information of it
on the site, nor in the Manual (I use the last version).

I hope the file that I made will make it more clear.

Best wishes and thanks for your concern,

Darinka