removing coding lines from a transcript

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 28 15:01:43 UTC 2013

Caro,

	If you want to permanently remove dependent tier, for example %flo, from your data, then use KWAL command like this:

kwal +t@ +d +f -t%flo *.cha

if you have a more recent version of CLAN you can use this command instead:

trim -t%flo *.cha

TRIM is an alias for KWAL command. To get more information for TRIM command just type "trim" in Commands window and press return key.

	If you want to temporarily hide a specific tier while displaying a data file in CLAN Editor, then after opening the data file in CLAN press keys ESC-4, next press "h" key and return key, now type the dependent tier, for example "%flo:", and press return key again. If you want to permanently hide some tier(s) during displaying all data file in CLAN editor afterwards, then locate file "CLAN/lib/0hide.cut" and type  tier name(s) that you want CLAN to always hide for all data files opened in CLAN Editor.

Leonid.