How to obtain verb frequencies for marked segments

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jan 2 17:34:56 UTC 2013

Linda,

	GEMFREQ command was designed to do simple search. It is a simplified shortcut for combination of GEM and FREQ commands. The +s option in GEMFREQ specifies the name of the gem that you wan to extract and the +w option specifies the words on speaker tiers you want to analyze. But, GEMFREQ is not designed to recognize the %mor tier searches specified with +s@|... option. There is no CLAN program that can break down analysis based on gems. You need to use the following command and run it separately for every gem you are interested in:

gem +t%mor +ssome_gem +d *.cha | freq +s@|v,|v:*

The +s option on GEM command's side of '|' character tell GEM to extract a gem with "some_gem" label. Or you can use these two commands:

gem +t%mor +ssome_gem +d +fsome_gem *.cha
freq +s@|v,|v:* *.some_gem.cex

Leonid.