Importing .cha files to Nvivo

Mcmanus K. K.McManus at soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 18 16:40:29 UTC 2013

Dear all

We're trying to load bulleted .cha files in Nvivo 10, but it's quite a tricky job. The program does not accept. Cha files. We've tried changing the .cha files to .txt. files (using Notepad ++), but then accents (for French/Spanish e.g.) are lost or changed to numbers etc. The only way we've found so far is by copying .cha contents into Word individually, then saving a transcript as .doc. Does anybody know of a quicker way load. Cha files into Nvivo? Any advice would be most gratefully received.

Best wishes
Kevin

--
Dr Kevin McManus
Research Fellow in French Applied Linguistics

tel: +44 (0) 23 8059 3970
http://www.soton.ac.uk/ml/about/staff/km2m10.page
http://soton.academia.edu/KevinMcManus

Project website: http://langsnap.soton.ac.uk/