KWAL vs. Freq - different output?

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Wed Jul 31 15:08:33 UTC 2013

Dear ChiBolts,

    Katie's email gives me an opportunity to point out a general procedural issue.  In order to answer a detailed question like this, Leonid and I (or others) would need to see
1.  an example file that contains the problem,
2.  the command lines being used.
3.  a description of the expected output.
4.  the actual CLAN Output file (not crucial)
Example files can easily be attached to messages being posted to chibolts at googlegroups.com and command lines can be included in the email message.

In Katie's case, the question is just why FREQ and KWAL have different numbers, but this will depend on details of how the coding was done and the shape of the FREQ and KWAL commands.  So, we would need to see all of this.

Many thanks,

-- Brian MacWhinney