Output sting and preceding word

Andreas Hallberg andreasmartenhallberg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 16:14:01 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have a rather simple problem that I have not been able to solve. I want a
command that takes an s-string as used in the freq command and generates a
list containing inly hits together with the preceding word, so that every
item in the generated list consists of two words, where the second is the
word found by the s-string.

The background is that I am investigating in what syntactic positions case
tends to be marked in formal spoken Arabic. In my corpus, nouns on the main
tier have a postcode with tags designating, amongst other things, syntactic
function and whether case is marked. I want to see of direct objects are
more often marked for accusative case if they directly follow the governing
verb, that is not tagged. So I as a first step I would like a simple list
of all nouns marked as direct object together with the preceding word. From
that list I could manually sort out those where the preceding word is a
verb.

Thanks,
Andreas