Frequency of verb forms by verb type

Nicole Tracy-Ventura nicole.tracy.ventura at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 17:16:24 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I'm interested in getting frequency counts of how often different verb
forms are used by verb type. For example, imagine I want to know how often
the verb 'walk' is used in the present tense, the present progressive,
simple past, etc. But in this case I don't have a specific list of verbs.
Rather I want to compare all verb types to see if some occur more often in
one form over the others. Is it possible to do this in CLAN? I'm working
with Spanish data that has been tagged with MOR so the information I need
is there with the lemmas and verb tag.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Best wishes,
Nicole

Nicole Tracy-Ventura, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor