Frequency of verb forms by verb type

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 9 02:18:59 UTC 2013

Kevin,

	You are absolutely right that CHAT is not CLAN specific format. But, being a plain text format makes it prone to have a lot of extraneous data in between. For example if someone wants to look at a speaker tier or %mor tier only you would have to filter out the rest. If you are looking for %mor tier of just one particular speaker only, then it becomes even more complicated. Using CLAN to filter unneeded data is the easiest solution. After that CHAT is just a plain text.

	For those who do not want to use CLAN at all and still have an easy way to parse the data we have XML-CHAT on our server. Just look for "XML" in "Database" section on our web server's home page.

Leonid.