using CLAN to find the frequency of nouns and verbs

stephanie.ciappara at gmail.com stephanie.ciappara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 17:02:15 UTC 2013

I'm not sure if you are receiving my emails as I wasn't accepted before. I managed to do as you said and yes, sorry for not mentioning it before I am looking at the English language. When I tried the commands you gave me this message came up

> freq +s"@|-n,|-v"  *.cha

**** WARNING: No file matching "*.cha" was found.

DATA ASSOCIATED WITH CODES [/], [//], [///], [/-], [/?] IS EXCLUDED BY DEFAULT.
TO INCLUDE THIS DATA PLEASE USE "+r6" OPTION.

When I downloaded the English file they are all .cut. I'm guessing that is wrong. Did I have to download something else apart from the CLAN to convert them please?

Is there a way to sort the data according to the age please? As I would like to look at older children.