Difference between CHILDES Version

Mehmet Ali Yatbaz maliyatbaz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 19:23:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to replicate a paper that uses CHILDES corpora however in the
paper they did not give any information related to CHILDES version.
I compared the statistics of v2.0.1 with the paper and observed
dramatic differences. For example

v2.0.1 tags the word "going" as n:gerund in ".. it is going to be
possible...".
however the paper tags going as verb.  If I treat all occurrences of
"doing", "going" ..etc as verbs than the statistics become more similar.

Is this a systematic error of ver2.0.1 or m I missing something?   Is there
a way of downloading the older version of CHILDES?

Best regards.