Difference between CHILDES Version

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Thu Oct 31 20:03:02 UTC 2013

Dear Mehmet,
     When you are focusing on the codes in the %mor tier, then the issue is not the version of the corpus or the version of the CLAN programs, but the version of the English MOR grammar that was used.  The various MOR grammars are under continual development to get better accuracy and one of the changes a little over a year ago involved the change of coding of words like “going” from progressive verbs to progressive participles, as in part|go-PROG.  You are righ  that,  you take this change into account, then the numbers should be comparable.

—Brian MacWhinney