XML files for new corpus

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Sep 6 17:18:41 UTC 2013

Kevin,

   That's great news.  Regarding format, there is no need to submit XML, because we continually run the Chatter program on the .cha files to create updated XML.  That part is all automatic.  Also, for the transcripts, it makes best sense to just have one version of the corpus and that should be the tagged ones, because they have all the information in the basic files plus more.  Given this, I would just name them as *.cha.

Best,

--Brian