removing dependent tiers

Becker, Misha K mbecker at email.unc.edu
Fri Apr 25 14:52:38 UTC 2014

Is there an easy way to remove *all* dependent tiers (those starting %) from a CHAT file, leaving only the speaker tiers, and leaving the file in a form that can still be searched with Clan? I like to give my students an assignment in which they read through (excerpted) transcripts, looking just at the raw data (utterances) and do their own coding of things like plurals, tense marking, etc. So far I have been deleting the dependent tiers (%mor, etc.) by hand, but it would be nice if there was an automated way to do it. I am not particular about the tiers marked $.

Thanks in advance,
Misha
--

Misha Becker