combination of different codes in the commands window?

Sabrina Geyer sabrina.geyer at online.de
Tue Feb 4 15:29:00 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I have a question concerning some tools of the CLAN programs. I've been
reading the manual, but couldn't find an answer so I hope that someone of
you could help me to solve my problem.

I would like to combine different codes I've created so that I can see how
often the combination of several codes relating to the same utterance occur
in my data. For now, I'm not sure if this is possible - if this is the
case, I have no idea how to realise this in the commands window of CLAN.

To be sure that you understand me correctly I'd like to give you an
example: Among other things, I'd like to analyse how caretakers react to
different ill-formed utterances of children they interact with. To
categorise the different errors of the children I created the line "%err"
with several subcodes. To categorise the caretaker's reaction I created the
line "%rea" with different subcodes. I’d now like to see whether the
caretakers in my data react differently to different errors the children
make.

Does CLAN offer any possibility to do this without unifying the two codes
in one?

Thank you for your help!
Best wishes,
Sabrina