Finding all verb stems

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Jan 25 02:23:28 UTC 2014

Lulu,

	There are two different ways to look for words on %mor tier. The simplest and with very little control is the following method:

+t%mor: +s"v|*"

That method uses basic +s option format and can be used to search for any word on any tier, that is why you need the "+t%mor" option to specify which tier you want FREQ to look at. But it will not give you much control to search for any particular element(s) and exclude other elements of complex structures like the ones found on %mor: tier.

The second method is +s@ option format. It is designed for searches on %mor: tiers only. If you want quick help for +s@ option, then just type command "freq +s@" in Commands window and press return key.

	Your FREQ command seems to be correct. If you do not want results broken down by each speaker, then you can add +o3 option.

Leonid.