VOCD manual

Amber ambalashes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 14:46:58 UTC 2015

In fact, perhaps I should just post my question on here. The CHAT manual
talks about calculating D and states that it can be done on samples as
small as 50 tokens. However, reliability is less good for small samples.
Could anyone advise me on whether VOCD is still a more valid measure than
TTR, even for small transcripts (e.g., during a shared-book reading
session)? I assume that as long as the sample is large enough for KIDEVAL
to be able to give me VOCD values then it is OK?
Thanks
Amber